Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Good Philosophy to Live By

An excerpt from "House MD" (Season 1, Episode 17: Role Model). House accuses his patient, Senator Gary Wright, of lying about his medical history.


HOUSE
You need to stop lying to me.

SENATOR WRIHT
It must be miserable, always assuming the worst in people.

HOUSE
Oh, cut the crap, you’re dying.

SENATOR WRIHT
You’re clever, you’re witty, and you are a coward! You’re scared of taking chances.

HOUSE
I take chances all the time, it’s one of my worst qualities.

SENATOR WRIHT
On people?

HOUSE
Wanting to believe the best about people doesn’t make it true.

SENATOR WRIHT
Being afraid to believe it doesn’t make it false.

HOUSE
Well, that’s very moving. It’s a shame I don’t vote.

SENATOR WRIHT
This is who I am. I believe in people. I’m not hiply cynical and I don’t make easy, snide remarks. I would rather think that people are good and be disappointed once and again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

写这篇非常感谢,这是unbelieveably信息,并告诉我一吨